Skills: Operations Management, Production Engineering
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Whiting, Indiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The Production Manager is accountable for the overall execution of the refinery 24/7 plan through a focus on safe, compliant, and reliable production. The Production Manager will manage the site wide development of consistent implementation in efficient work processes affecting the line through 5 shift managers. The Production Manager will be critical to leading competitive position for the site post WRMP. The Production Manager ensures that plans are executed in a way that provides opportunity for continuous improvement and long term sustainability of the business. The Production Manager owns implementation and sustenance of the Operations Model – in service of the development of all shift teams. The Production Manager ensures the appropriate operations expectations, principles, structures, tools, roles, and responsibilities are executed to deliver the refinery plan, and to deliver excellence through the 24/7 operations team.Key Accountabilities:
- Manage the development and implementation of strategic direction for the 24/7, and aligns Shift Managers, Area Managers and peers to ensure delivery of the strategy; provides feedback to the refinery team.
- Monitors and ensures long term budget compliance.
- Drives the shift to establish and meet commitments when issues arise (Who is going to do what by when?).
- Sets clear expectations, leads by example through field interaction with operators, crafts, and contractors, and facilitates decisions to resolve issues caused by ambiguity and conflict.
- Mentors the Shift Managers for excellence in all aspects of the business they manage. Ensures the Shift Managers in turn mentor the Supervisors to strengthen leadership and to deliver performance objectives and focus on sustainable long term business improvements.
- Accountable for the supervision, development, and performance management of direct reports, including recruiting and succession planning.
- Fosters a culture that recognizes the importance of Diversity and Inclusion.
- Operations Lead for USW negotiations, work stoppage preparation and maintaining a healthy working relationship through the process committee.
- Coaches peers in performance gaps and opportunities to drive overall site wide performance improvements. Peers include individuals in operations, maintenance, and technical.
- Establish the standard for our usage and execution of the 24/7 activities (shift handover, shift reports, site optimization, start of shift meetings, shift plans); Develops and implements shift improvement plans.
- Ensures that short and long -term plans are delivered, and that unit or area business plans are developed and implemented
- Drives the shift 24/7 team to deliver targets on energy usage.
- Identifies, and leads implementation of improvements in our site-wide safety programs. Individual takes a recognized leadership role in driving site-wide efforts cutting across all organizations to improve our safety performance.
- Accountable to ensure full compliance with procedures, managing deviations when they arise, and ensures all incidents are reported and followed up on appropriately.
- Ensure the elements of the Operations Model supporting PSM (Operating Limits, Operating Procedure usage, Area Monitoring, and Shift documentation and handover) are fully implemented and sustained across the site.
- Monitors compliance performance/rigor through periodic in the field audits and assessments.
- Works jointly with policy owners to challenge compliance requirements to streamline/simplify overall work processes and data recording requirements.
- Coaches the Shift Managers to proactively drive continuous improvement and long term sustainability of the business.
- Ensures longer term continuous improvement projects are developed and ensures continuous improvement through lessons learned (internal & external).
- Focus on maintenance work process where the 24/7 team is critical for success with the commercial processes to deliver maximum value out of the assets.
- Accountable for creating and nurturing a culture of teamwork, learning, two way communication, and integrity.
- Create a team that works towards a common goal of safe, compliant, and reliable operations by setting clear expectations and adhering to plans and policies.
- Foster effective teamwork across all areas and departments in the refinery.
- BS in Engineering or Technical education equivalent
- Minimum of 10 years of Operations experience
- Minimum of 5 years of Operations supervisory experience with multiple Operational units preferred