Skills: Instrumentation Technician
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Whiting, Indiana, United States
No location/work authorization restrictions found.
The SIS Engineer will assist in the design, construction, testing and maintenance of Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) at the refinery. The position is an individual contributor, with no direct reports. The SIS Engineer will report to the SIS/OTS team lead in the Automation Group. The SIS Engineer will work with plant operations, plant maintenance and engineering contractors to ensure the design, construction, testing and operation of plant SIS meets BP, ISA 84.01 and IEC61508/ 61511 standards.Essential Functions / Key Accountabilities:
- Strong Instrumentation Skills
- Organizational skills to manage multiple SIS projects
- Knowledgeable in SIS design and maintenance
- Perform SIS verifications per ISA 84 requirements
- Perform SIS commissioning and de-commissioning
- Knowledgeable on S84 and IEC 61508/61511 SIS standards
- Participate in Layers of Protection Analysis (LOPA) and subsequent SIL Target Selection
- Develop safety requirements specification (SRS) and cause and effect matrixes
- Perform SIS Factory Acceptance Test (FAT) and SIS validation
- Analyze SIS events and component failures
- Knowledgeable in SIS documentation
- Knowledgeable in SIS lifecycle requirements
- Ability to trouble shoot SIS systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical, Instrumentation or Chemical Engineering preferred
- 5 years of instrumentation reliability experience
- Strong PC skills
- Working knowledge in MS Office.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows
- Ability to work well with a wide range of disciplines and management, external partners, regulators and contractors.
- Self-motivated, accustomed to being in positions of responsibility and accountability.
- Good planning, communication skills and team work.
- Ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks & responsibilities.
- 2 to 5 years of SIS experience both in the design, installation, testing and plant operation
- A strong control system or PLC background
- Experienced with Safety Instrumented Function SIF
- Knowledgeable on designing and configuring DeltaV SIS, HIMA and Triconex safety systems.
- Knowledgeable in Emerson AMS