- Pay scale & gradeGS 13
- Salary$93,282 to $121,264 per year
- Appointment typePermanent – Full-time
- Work scheduleFull-Time – Career/Career Conditional
2 vacancies in the following location:
- Atlanta, GA2 vacancies
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
- The publicU.S. citizens, nationals or those who owe allegiance to the U.S.
Clarification from the agency
Who May Apply: U.S. citizens and U.S. Nationals; no prior Federal experience is required.
- Duties HelpDutiesSummaryThis position is located in the Office of Audit, Assistant Inspector General for Audit, Security and Information Technology Services, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration (TIGTA) and is directly involved in the independent oversight of developing, delivering or supporting IT systems and services. The incumbent works under the supervision of the Audit Manager.
As an Auditor, you will:
– Independently conduct complex managerial and financial audits and special assignments to assess program efficiency, effectiveness, and compliance with program laws, regulations and other provisions.
– Document in audit work papers the results of audit review, using correct formats, including source, purpose, conclusion, and results.
– Independently identify and use complex specialized audit techniques to achieve audit objectives.
– Manage large teams or complex projects addressing multiple issues and/or completes major projects using specialized audit/accounting skills.
– Independently conduct effective meetings and conferences with auditees at all levels, including executive management.
25% or less – Up to one to five days per month.
Conditions of Employment
- Please refer to “Conditions of Employment.”
- Click “Print Preview” to review the entire announcement before applying.
- Must be U.S. Citizens or U.S. Nationals.
The experience may have been gained in either the public, private sector or volunteer service. One year of experience refers to full-time work; part-time work is considered on a prorated basis. To ensure full credit for your work experience, please indicate dates of employment by month/day/year, and indicate number of hours worked per week on your resume.
You must meet the following requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
Specialized experience: For the GS-13, you must have one year of specialized experience at a level of difficulty and responsibility equivalent to the GS-12 grade level in the Federal service. Specialized experience for this position includes:
Conducting and planning audits or projects in accordance with applicable standards. AND
Demonstrated experience in one or more of the following in relation to audits or projects:
Communicating issues identified;
Recommending courses of action;
Performing briefings and/or presentations to management to defend a position or to gain support from the audience;
Developing written products such as draft or final reports and memoranda. OR
Planning, conducting, and documenting results of audits or projects within a tax administration organization.
Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor’s or higher degree in accounting or in a related field such as business administration, finance, or public administration that included or was supplemented by 24 semester hours in accounting. The 24 hours may include up to 6 hours of credit in business law. OR Combination of education and experience: at least 4 years of experience in accounting, or an equivalent combination of accounting experience, college-level education, and training that provided professional accounting knowledge. The applicant’s background must also include one of the following:
1.Twenty-four semester hours in accounting or auditing courses of appropriate type and quality. This can include up to 6 hours of business law; 2.A certificate as Certified Public Accountant or a Certified Internal Auditor, obtained through written examination; or 3.Completion of the requirements for a degree that included substantial course work in accounting or auditing, e.g., 15 semester hours, but that does not fully satisfy the 24-semester-hour requirement of paragraph A, provided that (a) the applicant has successfully worked at the full-performance level in accounting, auditing, or a related field, e.g., valuation engineering or financial institution examining; (b) a panel of at least two higher level professional accountants or auditors has determined that the applicant has demonstrated a good knowledge of accounting and of related and underlying fields that equals in breadth, depth, currency, and level of advancement that which is normally associated with successful completion of the 4-year course of study described in paragraph A; and (c) except for literal nonconformance to the requirement of 24 semester hours in accounting, the applicant’s education, training, and experience fully meet the specified requirements.
The education generally must be from an accredited (or pre-accredited) college or university recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
– We may select from this announcement or any other source to fill one or more vacancies.
– This is a non-bargaining unit position.
– We offer opportunities for telework.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Agency contact information
Applicant Call Center
See “How to Apply”
Parkersburg, West Virginia 26106